Friday 15 February 2013

Say Hello, London Fashion Week 2013! #day1

London Fashion Week has officially started today - Hurrray! Although I'm currently bunged up with a cold, I've been so excited all day! (Sorry to my twitter followers!)



For many high street shoppers, you see London Fashion Week as just another opportunity for designers to go crazy with ridiculous looking outfits and super skinny models. DO NOT BE FOOLED! You might be purchasing a copy of one of those very 'ridiculous' outfits, from your local high street shops! For this reason, I'm constantly inspired by Fashion Week and when it's my turn to take part, (fingers crossed for SS14) it will be like fulfilling a childhood dream!

So with Autumn/Winter 2013 Fashion Week underway, I'm going to be filling you in with each day's highlights as they come - selecting my favourites and telling you how these amazing designs could be some of your favourite pieces of Autumn 2013!

 One of my favourite designers from today's Fashion shows is Zoë Jordan! I loved the wide range of patterns and textures that graced their way down the catwalk! I found the whole of the show so wearable - especially the warm oranges and fur jackets (though maybe not together)! Zoe is definitely a designer to watch!  With such original designs, I'd definitely fill my winter wardrobe with Zoe's designs.
 Bora Aksu was another designer to watch today in London. I'm obsessed with the stunning patterns of this collection (especially the far right!). The start of the show focused on neutral colours - from the transition of Summer to Autumn and the later part was a pop of colour in the form of fuchsias and raspberry pinks. Like many of the Fashion Week collections, there was so many gorgeous textures in the range, and headpieces seem to a central way to accessorize for this Autumn.
 Textures went to a whole new level in the KTZ collection today. I hope you like a lot of leather! Everything leather,  from shoes, leggings to jackets - made the KTZ range so distinctive, yet linked beautifully. Oversized hat's looked great, and the vibrant colours in similar collections (Zoë Jordan) also appeared in KTZ collection, and look great in contrast to the dark tones!

So, that's my highlights from today's London Fashion Week, I'll be posting more over the next few days - so lookout.

Also, I'm currently preparing for my first Giveway - how exciting!

Lots of Love,

7 comments:

  1. really London has the greatest styles <3 :)

    xx
    ellie
    http://chasingculprit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The purple one in the second picture is cool!

    Fraquoh and Franchomme

    http://www.attireclub.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adored Zoe Jordan! And lovely blog!
    xx
    thefashionespionage.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola! I've been following your website for some time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Huffman Tx! Just wanted to mention keep up the fantastic work!

    My web blog: pinterest get followers

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah! what i would do to be in london right now for fashion week!
    great selects xx
    now following you on gfc - hope you do the same
    www.vicariousLA.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could easily have one of each!!! Love everything.
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chanced upon your blog! Late to the party eh?
    Made a few fashion favs this year in the accessories dept.
    Have a look and say what you think :)

    https://colourmekitsch.wordpress.com/2014/12/22/trendy-accessories-with-spunk-2014/

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop a commet here! I'll try my best to reply to comment, and If you leave a link to your blog, i'd be happy to take a look :)