Friday 23 November 2012

another hectic week for blondie...

So, I've finally had 5 minutes to get blogging, as the last few days have been so hectic!
First, I've got some exciting news (well for me anyway) to share with you. If you didn't know I'm a 'Public Speaker' and part of my school team. We compete in lots of competitions through out the UK, so had our first shot at the BPW competition on Wednesday. It was so exciting! I'm the team's chairperson, so It's my responsibility to ensure the meeting runs smoothly!
BEST PART OF THE EVENING WAS... WE WON! YAY!

Please note this is not the real trophy! From Left-Right; Becky, Lauren and Me 
So were off to the semi-finals in February next year - though I can't release too many details, in case our eager competitors get hold of my blog! Still, the confidence you gain from the opportunity is just amazing!

I couldn't exactly give you a low down on my outfit for the evening, as my M&S shirt, that gets whipped from the back of my wardrobe for the event, doesn't really shout 'buy me or regret it,' if I'm honest. Still, It's really important to be presentable, as every mark towards the final score counts!

There was one speech I really enjoyed. It was all about shoes. FULL STOP. But, it was interesting to learn about how many shoes are made in sweatshops, in third world countries.
One point raised was about 'most women having over 20 pairs of shoes in their cupboard,' this made me stop and count mine....
I'd love to know how many shoes you have! More than 20? I doubt that would be too hard...

I'm signing off now, as it's already dark at 4:30, and I'm desperate to get some exciting posts sorted for the weekend - so watch out!

Lots of Love,






p.s. like my new signature? hahaha! I'm basically turning into a Barbie Doll!

14 comments:

  1. Cute, cute! But pliiiz tell me, HOW YOU GET THE SIGNATURE? I love it! :DD

    AntalTimea.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks! :D
      I created it on 'mobilefish.com' - but you can just type in 'writing maker' into Google and there's loads of sites you can use!
      Love
      Grace X

      Delete
  2. You want to follow each other ?
    Followed you. Nice Blog :)

    http://www.inesvuitton.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the sweet comment!!!
    XOXO
    Ylenia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That's so amazing for you. You guys all look really great.
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I L-o-v-e your signature, very cute and congratulations, I'm happy for you!!
    http://jessynyiri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I'm still jumping up and down with excitement :D
      Love
      Grace X

      Delete
  6. very sweet and interessting post my dear :)

    want to follow each other? i will defiently follow back

    my blog:
    http://thebizarrebirdcage.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thanks! That sounds great, I'll check out your blog now X

      Delete

Feel free to drop a commet here! I'll try my best to reply to comment, and If you leave a link to your blog, i'd be happy to take a look :)